Copyright

(c) 2009 - 2024 (MEM)

Please keep in mind that, unless otherwise noted, everything on my blog is copyright material of some sort. Either by me (as picture taker, writer, creator) or more importantly by the designer of the needlework pieces I present. If you promise to be copyright mindful, my promise to you is to do my best to provide you enough information in my post for you to obtain your own legal copy. Please be respectful of these copyrights and not take business away from our wonderful designers. Thank you.
............. . ."She looks for wool and flax and works with her hands in delight" Proverbs 31:13 NAS


Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Good Things....Totally Finish Finished

To follow up on my previous post: I could not find just the right ribbon to use for the finishing so I went a different way. I created a fabric border for the edges. I cut out comic book board one inch wide and 21 inches long - well not exactly since the comic book board is 8.5"x11". I cut two one inch strips and them placed them around the stitched block, scoring the corners to make them fold over nicely and cutting away any excess.

I then padded the comic book board strip with batting (hindsight maybe padding the bottom was not a good idea - it is a tad wobbly, so I may add feet of some sort) and then covered it all with the same fabric used on the back.


Then to hide some of the edges on the front I glued cording around the front and added a bow at top. I am not 100% sure I like the bow, but have until August 8 to make up my mind before I take it to the Jefferson County Fair.


That about covers it for now!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Your finishing is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good luck at the fair! My things are at the boulder county fair this week! :). Jen