Copyright

(c) 2009 - 2024 (MEM)

Please keep in mind that, unless otherwise noted, everything on my blog is copyright material of some sort. Either by me (as picture taker, writer, creator) or more importantly by the designer of the needlework pieces I present. If you promise to be copyright mindful, my promise to you is to do my best to provide you enough information in my post for you to obtain your own legal copy. Please be respectful of these copyrights and not take business away from our wonderful designers. Thank you.
............. . ."She looks for wool and flax and works with her hands in delight" Proverbs 31:13 NAS


Friday, March 14, 2014

Candle Mat and Pin Cushion

I while back I purchased a Luminaris Shamrock Candle Mat Kit from one of my local needlework shops. I decided to get it done for St. Patrick’s Day this year and I did!!! It is a 8 ¾” precut kit, so all the pieces were cut and it came with the thread on a cool wooden thread winder.
 


It was very fun to make and I got it done in a couple of hours. It is now sitting on the table near the foyer with the other St. Patrick’s Day décor. I discovered I do not have a lot of March 17 stitching, this item is number three, if you don’t count the table runner I made.



 
Also the project for my Foothills EGA meeting this month was a Petite Project  “Assisi Embroidery Pin Cushion” designed by Janet Salerno.  We learned a little history about this technique and then worked on the project. It does not use the traditional colors, but an overdyed floss. I did not like the stripe affect I got on top very much (but don’t hate it so in it stays), so when I got to similar spaced area at the bottom I did not go all the way across. I stopped in the middle, but staggered the lines. I also cut the floss to give me more blue or tan areas, so as to get less striping. It was fun to experiment on a small piece – it is approximately 4 inches square.

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!
 
 
 

2 comments:

Blu said...

That candlemat is adorable! I like what you did with the bottom of the pin cushion.

Pamela said...

Nice finishes. I've been wanting to do an assissi piece, maybe I'll try a pin cushion.